Made Trade Recycled Hemp and Organic Cotton Reusable Face Mask
Made Trade Verified
• Two-layer fabric face mask
• Follows CDC and Kaiser Permanente's guidelines
• Recycled hemp and organic cotton exterior
• Organic cotton interior
• Easy on/off with comfortable elastic ear loops
• Pleated for wider coverage
• Interior filter pocket (filter not included)
• Handmade in Portland, Oregon
• Available in Kids, Adult and Adult Small
Photos: Adults are wearing the Adult size and the child is wearing Kids size.
We took our time to source the highest quality fabrics, made countless prototypes to ensure the fit was just right, and employed local Portland sewers to make our face masks. Our reusable, non-medical grade face masks comply with CDC and Kaiser Permanente's guidelines for cloth face coverings, are made with the highest quality sustainable fabrics and feel incredibly soft on your face. Our face mask is easy to take on or off, stays in place, has a pocket for an optional filter, and comes in three elegant colors. We teamed up with one of our amazing Made Trade brand partners, Altar, to employ local Portland-based makers and sewers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Assorted Colors include one of each solid color (Set of 3) or two of each solid color (Set of 6).
Small - 4.5” h x 6.5” w
Adult - 4.75” h x 7.5” w
The Adult size is designed to fit most adult faces and heads, and the Adult Small is designed to fit adults with smaller or narrower faces. The Adult size is great for men with larger beards too! If you know you have a smaller face or head then we suggest ordering the Adult Small. Our Kids size is recommended for children 2 1/2 to 8 years of age per CDC guidelines. Kids should only wear a mask if they are able to remove it themselves.
We chose form-fitting, expandable pleats for the widest amount of coverage, and comfortable elastic that helps the mask stay in place all day long. Pleats allow for the most coverage from the space below your chin up to the bridge of your nose. And strong elastic ear loops retain their stretch wear after wear. When you first try on your face mask you’ll notice the pleats are quite crisp. People with smaller faces may notice the sides of the face mask may be slightly raised or puckered out. If this is the case, and to ensure your mask is form-fitting, we recommend following the care instructions below and washing and drying your mask before wearing. After washing and drying, the pleats will significantly relax and the face mask will better form to your face.
We included an interior pocket for an optional filter. Coffee filters work great (not included) and also help to add extra support to create a more rigid form around the bridge of the nose.
Our face masks come in Fog, Pine, Ocean, and limited edition Seaside. Each color looks great across any sustainable wardrobe.
We partnered with Altar to produce Made Trade face masks in our home city of Portland, Oregon — employing sewers and makers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For best results, hand wash routinely with warm water and a small amount of mild laundry detergent. Remove the optional filter (not included) before washing. Machine washing is also fine, but light shrinkage may occur.
- DO NOT use bleach or hydrogen peroxide, which will degrade the fabric over time.
- Hang to dry or tumble dry on low heat.
- Press the mask with iron to restore pleats and its original shape. Just be sure to avoid ironing the elastic ear loops.
- Need to shrink your mask down a lot? Machine wash on hot and dry on high.
- Need to shrink your mask just a little? Machine wash on warm and dry on medium.
- To maintain the size of your mask handwash and hand dry or wash or machine wash on warm and hang dry.
Made Trade’s non-medical grade masks adhere to both the CDC’s and Kaiser Permanente’s recommendations for fabric face coverings.
Please note: For hygienic and safety reasons face masks are not returnable.
- Make your own mask with Kaiser Permanente's step by step instructions
- Read A User's Guide to Face Masks from The New York Times — the most helpful article we've seen on the subject
Have a question about a product? Need help with sizing, fit, or customizing a product? Ask us anything and our Customer Support team will be happy to assist you!
Hassle-free returns for U.S. orders
Exchanges and returns for store credit are free for your first request on all eligible items. Returns for a refund are subject to a $6 fee for return shipping and handling. Final sale items* are not eligible for return. Please initiate your return/exchange within 30 days of order fulfillment. All returns and exchanges must be unworn, unwashed, unused, and in original condition with tags to be eligible for return. Refunds or exchanges will not be processed for returned items that have been used or show signs of visible wear.
Final sale items
Furniture, lighting, oversized items (hampers and all rugs except bath mats), gift cards, all underwear bottoms, bodysuits, sale items noted as final sale, and orders outside the United States shipped through our shipping partner, Stackry, are all final sale. In some cases, products may have special notes indicating they are final sale as well.
Why Made Trade?
Happy With Your Mssks
I like your masks better than any others. I need to wear a mask when I work (I do acupressure) and have found them to be very comfortable. I wore out my first batch! This is my second order.
Comfortable and tight
These are the only masks my husband likes. They fit his face well without gaps and they feel extra safe with a filter pocket.
Love these masks
These are by far my favorite masks, I wear them whenever I got out. They seem more breathable than most and cause my glasses to steam up less often.