Made Trade Recycled Hemp and Organic Cotton Reusable Face Mask$40
Ships in 5-7 days
• Two-layer fabric face mask
• Follows CDC and Kaiser Permanente's guidelines
• Recycled hemp and organic cotton exterior
• Organic cotton interior
• Easy on/off with comfortable elastic ear loops
• Pleated for wider coverage
• Interior filter pocket (filter not included)
• Handmade in Portland, Oregon
• Available in Kids, Adult and Adult Small
Photos: Adults are wearing the Adult size and the child is wearing Kids size.
We took our time to source the highest quality fabrics, made countless prototypes to ensure the fit was just right, and employed local Portland sewers to make our face masks. Our reusable, non-medical grade face masks comply with CDC and Kaiser Permanente's guidelines for cloth face coverings, are made with the highest quality sustainable fabrics and feel incredibly soft on your face. Our face mask is easy to take on or off, stays in place, has a pocket for an optional filter, and comes in three elegant colors. We teamed up with one of our amazing Made Trade brand partners, Altar, to employ local Portland-based makers and sewers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Assorted Colors include one of each solid color (Set of 3) or two of each solid color (Set of 6).
Small - 4.5” h x 6.5” w
Adult - 4.75” h x 7.5” w
The Adult size is designed to fit most adult faces and heads, and the Adult Small is designed to fit adults with smaller or narrower faces. The Adult size is great for men with larger beards too! If you know you have a smaller face or head then we suggest ordering the Adult Small. Our Kids size is recommended for children 2 1/2 to 8 years of age per CDC guidelines. Kids should only wear a mask if they are able to remove it themselves.
We chose form-fitting, expandable pleats for the widest amount of coverage, and comfortable elastic that helps the mask stay in place all day long. Pleats allow for the most coverage from the space below your chin up to the bridge of your nose. And strong elastic ear loops retain their stretch wear after wear. When you first try on your face mask you’ll notice the pleats are quite crisp. People with smaller faces may notice the sides of the face mask may be slightly raised or puckered out. If this is the case, and to ensure your mask is form-fitting, we recommend following the care instructions below and washing and drying your mask before wearing. After washing and drying, the pleats will significantly relax and the face mask will better form to your face.
We included an interior pocket for an optional filter. Coffee filters work great (not included) and also help to add extra support to create a more rigid form around the bridge of the nose.
Our face masks come in Fog, Pine, Ocean, and limited edition Seaside. Each color looks great across any sustainable wardrobe.
We partnered with Altar to produce Made Trade face masks in our home city of Portland, Oregon — employing sewers and makers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For best results, hand wash routinely with warm water and a small amount of mild laundry detergent. Remove the optional filter (not included) before washing. Machine washing is also fine, but light shrinkage may occur.
- DO NOT use bleach or hydrogen peroxide, which will degrade the fabric over time.
- Hang to dry or tumble dry on low heat.
- Press the mask with iron to restore pleats and its original shape. Just be sure to avoid ironing the elastic ear loops.
- Need to shrink your mask down a lot? Machine wash on hot and dry on high.
- Need to shrink your mask just a little? Machine wash on warm and dry on medium.
- To maintain the size of your mask handwash and hand dry or wash or machine wash on warm and hang dry.
Made Trade’s non-medical grade masks adhere to both the CDC’s and Kaiser Permanente’s recommendations for fabric face coverings.
Please note: For hygienic and safety reasons face masks are not returnable.
- Make your own mask with Kaiser Permanente's step by step instructions
- Read A User's Guide to Face Masks from The New York Times — the most helpful article we've seen on the subject
15-day hassle-free returns for U.S. customers
Returns for store credit or your first exchange per eligible full price item* are always free. We are happy to provide you with one free return shipping label. Returns for refund and subsequent exchange orders are subject to a $6 per item shipping fee. You must initiate your return/exchange within 15 days of receiving your order. Discounted and sale items up to 40% off are eligible for exchange or store credit within 15 days of delivery.
All returns and exchanges must be unworn, unwashed, unused, and in original condition with tags to be eligible for return. Refunds or exchanges will not be issued for returned items that have been used or show signs of visible wear.
*Final sale items
Furniture, lighting, oversized items (hampers and all rugs except bath mats), gift cards, all underwear bottoms, bodysuits and face masks (for hygienic reasons), sale items discounted 40% off or more, and orders outside the contiguous United States are all final sale.
All international orders are final sale and must be shipping through Stackry. Any duties, taxes, import fees, or carrier brokerage fees incurred in the destination country are the recipient’s responsibility.
These are by far my favorite masks, I wear them whenever I got out. They seem more breathable than most and cause my glasses to steam up less often.
The masks that I ordered are made very well. They'll be easy to wash and I expect will last a long time.
These masks are beautiful. I bought them for my tween who is in between a child size and adult size mask. The coverage was good but unfortunately the elastics were too tight so she could not wear them. If the straps were adjustable these would be perfect for children, adolescents, and maybe even teenagers. Since they are unreturnable, we gave them as a gift to our six year old niece.
on orders $75+
100% carbon neutral